Thursday, May 14, 2015

Algiers, Algeria

Ketchaoua Mosque (www.tripadvisor.com)

After hanging out in Tripoli, I took a train to Algiers. When I arrived in Algiers, Algeria, I stayed in a really nice hotel called Hotel El-Djazair. It cost me $210 per night for three nights. The hotel was really nice and had a historical design within the decor as well as the structure of the building. The food that they had at the hotel was also very delicious which is a plus. I would suggest staying at this hotel if you are ever in Algiers for vacation or business. The next day, I went to visit the Ketchaoua Mosque which is an ancient building built during the 17th century and the Ottoman rule. This site gives a good insight into the culture of Algiers and I definitely suggest visiting this place if you ever have the chance. On my final day in Algiers, I ate at a wonderful restaurant called Wood Pecker (http://www.woodpecker-dz.com/index.php/pizza-alger-restaurants-nuit-jour.html) and had a Gallina pizza for about $10. It was so delicious and the environment in the restaurant was so nice. All the employees were kind and very polite. I recommend that you go to this restaurant if you are ever in Algiers because it is sooooo good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment