Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tripoli, Libya


Gurgi Mosque (en.wikipedia.org)
After I was done visiting Cairo, I took a train to Tripoli. When I arrived in Tripoli, Libya, I stayed in the Bab Al Bahr Hotel. It cost me $114 per night for three nights. The hotel was pretty nice! The staff was excellent and each hotel room had its own balcony. The hotel was also right next to the beach which was awesome because I could swim in the ocean all the time. :) I would for sure recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Tripoli for the first time. It is a very comforting and safe area to be in. On the second day of being in Tripoli, Libya, I visited the Gurgi Mosque. It was built in 1834 and is the heart of the historic district of Tripoli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurgi_Mosque). The architecture in the building is very beautiful and I would suggest that if you are ever in tripoli to visit the Gurgi Mosque. The final thing I did in Tripoli was take a taxi to a wonderful restaurant called Athar Restaurant (http://www.ghazalagroup.com/atharmenu.htmlI). I had the lamb chops for about $30 and they were delicious! The decor was very fancy and at night, there are bright lights all over the restaurant. My waiter treated me with lots of respects which I appreciated. I definitely suggest that you eat here is you're ever in Tripoli. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment