Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cairo, Egypt

The Sphinx ancientegyptamania.com

When I went on my excursion to Africa, I traveled by plane at a ticket price of about $, 800When I arrived in Cairo, Egypt, I stayed in the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel Cairo. It was $162 per night. The hotel had beautiful rooms with a classic room design. Each room had a personal balcony and I could see the Nile River from my hotel room. Everyone at the hotel was super sweet and very helpful whenever I needed directions. I suggest that you stay at this hotel if you are ever in Cairo because this hotel is amazing! The day after I arrived, I went to see the pyramids and the Great Sphinx of Giza. It really gives you a good insight into Egypt's culture because the Sphinx was built 4,500 years ago and it shows how society built their structures and how their society functioned. I would definitely recommend visiting the pyramids and the Spinx if you are ever in Cairo, Egypt. The final day that I was in Cairo, I took a cab and ate at a wonderful restaurant called Tabla Luna. The restaurant serves delicious Latin American cuisine and isn't extremely expensive. I had the empanadas with the homemade spicy aji dip (http://theculturetrip.com/africa/egypt/articles/cairo-s-10-best-restaurants-gourmet-dining-in-the-egyptian-capital/). I suggest stopping by this restaurant if you are ever staying in Cairo because it is so goooood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment