Thursday, May 14, 2015

Nouakchatt, Mauritania

Tafarit Sun House (www.tripadvisor.com)

I took another train from Bamako, Mali, to Nouakchatt, Mauritania. I stayed at the Hotel Halima for $108 per night. It was a really nice hotel. The structure of the building was very cool and each room had its own balcony. The staff was especially helpful while finding directions to the places that I visited. I suggest staying at this hotel if you are ever in Nouakchatt. The next day, I visited the National Museum of Mauritania. It was a really cool thing to see because I was able to get an insight into Nouakchatt's history and customs. There were exhibits with costumes worn in the past as well as historical weapons, such as arrowheads and sherds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_of_Mauritania).This is definitely a great thing to see if you are ever in Nouakchatt. On the last day of my vacation, I went to a restaurant called Tafarit Sun House. It was so good! I ordered a fish dish and some veggies for around $20 (http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g293815-Reviews-Nouakchott-Vacation_Rentals.html). I for sure recommend this restaurant if you are looking for some delicious seafood. You will find it here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment