Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bern, Switzerland

 Schwellenmätteli (www.mytable.com)
Schweizerhof Hotel Bern (hotelsandstyle.com)
My next stop was in Bern, Switzerland! I drove to Bern and it took about 8 hours to get there. When I finally arrived, I ended up staying in a very nice hotel called the Schweizerhof Hotel Bern. It was so nice. It was like living in luxury!! :) I ended up staying at the hotel for three nights, for $445 per night. The decor in each room was so beautiful and the architecture of the building really represents the culture of Bern. There was a wonderful pool and the staff was so nice. They even had some staff that spoke English to accommodate for my needs, considering English is the only language I know. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a romantic getaway! The next day, I visited some cool places such as Old Town Bern, which is the historic district in Switzerland. I decided to walk around the town for a while and found a tour for $83 dollars. The architecture and shops in Old Town Bern really represent Bern's culture. I suggest coming here if you ever find yourself Bern, Switzerland. The next day, I took the train for around $7 to a really cool restaurant called Schwellenmätteli (http://www.schwellenmaetteli.ch/en/). It was built along the Aare River near Old Town. At night, the restaurant lit up with lots of beautiful lights, even colored lights in the water. The restaurant has Asian and Mediterranean food and it was really expensive (http://www.yelp.com/biz/schwellenmätteli-restaurants-berne). Even though the food was expensive, it was totally worth it to eat there! I definitely recommend stopping in if you are ever in Bern, Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment