Sunday, April 12, 2015

Quito, Ecuador



Mare Nostrum (www.tripadvisor.com)
Hotel Sierra Madre (www.expedia.com)

(http://www.hotelsierramadre.com/)
My second to last stop was Quito, Ecuador. I drove from Peru in my rental car and  ended up staying for three nights in the Hotel Sierra Madre. It was built in a Spanish Villa style. It is gorgeous and the entire staff and guests were all super friendly and hepful. If you're ever in Quito, make sure to check this hotel out because it is really cozy and only cost me $58 per night for three nights. The next day I walked throughout the city for around 30 min. until I found the perfect restaurant. It is called Mare Nostrum. It was so amazing! The whole theme of the restaurant was kinda based around the sea. They serve a lot of seafood and the prices are extremely fair. I ate the Pasta Marinera for only $15 and it was delicious. It was a seafood pasta. Yummmm... I definitely would recommend this restaurant if you're ever in Quito because it has decently priced food and it is sooooo good. If you can't make it to Quito, at least check out their website; it's pretty cool! (http://www.marenostrumquito.com/home.html) The next day I visited the Old Town which is the historic district in Quito. It was very beautiful. The buildings were made to have Spanish colonial architecture and really brought out the culture in the small town. Everyone was really kind while I was there and I would definitley recommend taking a walking tour of the historic district. It's only $99 dollars but you can also just walk around by yourself or with your family and have fun exploring on your own. When you have the time, please come to Quito. It is a really fun experience and I loved every minute of it! :))

Old Town (itsashtonelizabeth.wordpress.com)

(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294308-d315636-Reviews-Quito_Old_Town-Quito_Pichincha_Province.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment