Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Madrid, Spain

I wanted to take a huge trip across the world. I decided to fly with Air France. The flight there and back cost around $3,000. If you're looking for a flight that is very luxurious and if you want a lot of pampering while on the flight, I suggest that you use this airline. When I arrived in Madrid, Spain, I stayed in the Senator Gran Via 21 Hotel. It was very expensive, but the architecture was beautiful and the decor inside was simple, yet elegant. The staff was also very nice and helpful. They even gave me directions for traveling. The best part was the pool on the roof. It was awesome to swim up there at night and see all of the gorgeous lights in the city. I would definitely recommend staying in this hotel because it is so amazing. Although, it may be expensive, the building's structure and design really represents the Spanish culture. The hotel is also very close to the Plaza Mayor, which I visited the next day. The Plaza Mayor is a very old structure. It was built when Phillip III was ruling over Spain between 1598 and 1621. It is the main plaza in Madrid and has 237 balconies within it. It also has various shops and restaurants within it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaza_Mayor,_Madrid). It also is a good representation of Spain's culture. The next day, I took a taxi to a very popular restaurant in Madrid called La Corral de Moreria (http://www.corraldelamoreria.com/). I had the chicken salad and the crab cream soup. It was very delicious. I suggest that if you are ever in Madrid, come to this restaurant because it is really cool! While you're eating, they have performances, such as singing and flamenco dancing on a stage in the back of the restaurant. It's very culturally awakening! :)Image result for La Corral de Moreria
www.corraldelamoreria.com

en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment